"Wardrobe is your armor, wear it with pride and transform your life".
Bio: Glynnis Harris
Costume Designer/Wardrobe Stylist:
Fabric is forming. Cloth and character combined construct stories that can be understood at a glance – before a word is spoken.
More than a pastime, my love affair with fabric is a purpose of passion! I remember the moment I fell head over feet in love... I was 4 years old, twirling in the sunlit garden wearing one of my mother’s sequined tops and I was spellbound by the shimmering reflections that danced around me as I did.
From that moment on, no Barbie would be safe from the tireless refashioning.
The solution? Turn that passion into a profession.
I completed my 3 year Fashion Diploma at LISOF in 2000 – and an International Fashion Diploma from the London College of Arts in 2001 – covering all areas of fashion from manufacture to business management and film.
With two years on the Young Designer Fashion Week South Africa platform under the LISOF umbrella.
Experience : 2000-present day 2015
Putting this passion into practice has granted me a fortunate, diverse career – and the experience that goes with one.
• Assistant to Nola Williams on commercials for 2yrs
• Assistant to Gitta Cox on commercials for 4yrs
• Buyer on- No 1 ladies Detective Agency (Jo Katsaras); South Africa
• Senior Buyer -District 9 –(Dianna Cilliers); South Africa
• Key Standby-Papa Macharel; South Africa
• Visual merchandising – Karen Millen / Whistles; London
• Jo Borkett – Nationally; South Africa
Key standby on local and international projects:
• Key Standby-Coronation Street (Out of Africa)
• Outside waits the death (Maria Hofmeyr/2Oceans)
• Challenger Final Flight (Wolfgang Enders/Moonlighting)
• In 2011 Co-Designing /Supervising for Maria Hofmeyr on DStv’s "The Wild" – a career-accelerating role into a more senior position.
• Supervisor on Out of Africa BBC production of “The Wrong Man’s” – 2014 (returning to features in 2014 after HOD commercials)
• Fashion Stills (Bella magazine senior stylist in 2013)
TVCs (2000-present day 2015):
• Edgar’s (Fresh Eye)
• Spar (Let it Rain)
• Audi (Platypus)
• The IDC (Catapult Productions)
• Sansui Summer Cup (Spitfire)
• SA Tourism (Spitfire)
• The Script Superheroes (Orange Films)
• Costume Designer –Against the Wild 2-Enigma Films
• Costume Designer-Hatchet Hour-Hatchet Hour-Judy Naidoo
For Website please go to:
Please see CV for full list of commercials and work experience on LinkedIn:
For Fashion Blogs: